Whether you plan on spending February 14th with your one-and-only or a clan of single girl friends – I have a few ideas to celebrate appropriately. I decided to post this pre-February so you would have plenty of time to enjoy cupid’s favorite holiday – and I promise they aren’t THAT cheesy for those of you that wish this day didn’t exist.
1. Make Your Own Candy Bar.
I’ve done this around Halloween for guests (and myself) to enjoy and it’s always a hit. This is a great way to decorate for the holiday around your house or make a mini one at the office for your favorite colleagues.
What You Need:
- Vases or Jars
- Valentine’s Day inspired candy (red and pink)
- Tiny Print’s Gift Tag Stickers (customized to say SWEETS & TREATS)
- Ribbon for the vases or jars
- Festive lights, gift bags and scoops (optional)
You can also set out plastic gift bags or mason jars for guests to fill up and take more sweets home with them. These make adorable gifts for friends, family, coworkers and teachers. I also made these gift tags from Tiny Prints to stick on them to add a personalized touch.
2. Send Valentines.
By now, you probably know that I keep the U.S. Postal Service in business with my love of and appreciation for #snailmail. This is also why I believe you’re never too old to send a Valentine or two. I made these mini cards from Tiny Prints to pass out to friends and colleagues. Spoiler Alert.
3. Mix Festive Drinks (girl friends only).
If you’re planning a fun evening out or in with the girls, here is a simple and festive drink to sip on and repeat.
- Champagne or Prosecco (Bubbles required.)
- Fresh Strawberries
- Splash of cranberry juice (optional)
- Pink Sugar (to decorate the rim)
- Striped paper straws, gift tags and flutes
Mix, enjoy and cue the chick flicks.