TGIF! I know no one wants to talk about hangovers (or Irish flus as I call them) on a Friday but I promise this post takes a different spin on them.
Today, I’m excited to share with you another DIY guest post from my lovely sister, MEC. (If you missed her last one on bridesmaids, be sure to check it out.)
A growing trend with many bachelorette weekends has become the “hangover kit” or “survival kit” (i.e. cute little basket you put together for all the girls with goodies that will help them nurse the previous night’s decisions goodbye). Well, I just love MEC’s spin on this kit trend that she put together for her BFF’s bachelorette weekend earlier this summer.
Before we get into her deets, you must first know that MEC is the more relaxed/go-with the-flow sister and I take on the more high-strung/Type A role in our relationship. It’s a nice little balance (fire & water – aries and pisces) and she’s truly a role model of mine. After you read below you’ll probably see why she’s taken on the nickname “yogi” or “the zen sister” by yours truly.
Rise and Shine Kit (aka a healthy hangover kit)
This is an all natural way to recover after a night of drinking on a bach weekend! I chose a small pail since the bachelorette weekend had a South Beach theme, but choose whatever you’d like! Burlap bags, gift boxes or bags, beach or tote bags, and the list goes on.. these are all great choices!
- Lara Bar: for energy and to cure hunger (made from a few, all natural ingredients)
- Whitening Gum: to spruce up your pearly whites and cure that bad breath, the mint also helps with stomach issues/acid
- Ginger Tea: I chose green but can be any kind, the ginger is good for your stomach and tea is great for detoxing
- Instant Starbucks: although coffee dehydrates you, it would be fine to drink it in a small amount for a caffeine kick
- La Croix or other Sparkling Water: this will hydrate you, and the carbonation will cure that soda craving that often hits the next morning
- A Fun Straw: for cuteness/use for the beverages with an inspirational, ” get out of bed and fix yourself” saying. I chose- Rise and Shine!, Rejuvenate! and Refresh!
- A Fun Napkin: for clean up
- A Hangover Yoga Sequence: I chose a 5 min video called Hangover Recovery by Tara Stiles (my fave!). Choose something that can be easily accessed from YouTube on an iPhone. And something shorter is always best on a morning like this!
Other suggested items (for larger kits):
- Coconut Water: for hydration and to replace lost electrolytes
- Pain Reliever: preferably a more natural type
- Other snacks: crackers or nutritional bars
- Makeup Remover Wipes
- Stomach Settling Chewables: TUMS!
I don’t know about you but I kinda wish I had one of these handy for all post-toasting activities. Hopefully this inspires you if you’re in the midst of planning a bachelorette weekend yourself or just in need of a new & healthy hungover harriett cure!
Be sure to check back soon for another MEC DIY guest post!
(I’ll give you a hint: see that cute little itinerary above?!)